Saturday, October 24, 2009

SaanZai

It's been brought to my attention that we haven't made any blog updates lately.  So, here goes.  One of the problems is that we can't seem to find the battery charger for our camera.  And how can you post a blog without the cutie patootie?  Well here goes...

Today I made my return back to the pool.  It was nice to be back at swimming, and without a big beach ball dragging through the water.  One thing that I had to be careful of was the flip turns, however.  I didn't need to use nearly as much muster to flip over as I did while Abe was on the inside.  

After swimming I went to costco to drop off a prescription (grr...the costco pharmacy sucks), and picked up a pepperoni pizza for lunch.  They happened to be 3 dollars off!  After lunch we met Margaret, Ryan, and Sophie at the prospect point trail head.  Out little child of the mountain made his first trek into the mountains.  He did great!  I wore him in the baby bjorn.  He was really cute, because he just laid there and sucked his thumb!  So much for the ting ting.  He's a thumb boy.  The hike was great!  It was a gorgeous fall day out and it was really clear out.  We hike up for about an hour and you could see all of anchorage and out over the water.  Banjo had fun too.  Sophie brought her dog Riley, and the two of them raced up and down the trail the whole time.  Afterwards Banjo was extremely tired and muddy.  He walked through this big muddy area and it looked like he had black socks on.

We ended the day with a great dinner--bbq steak (left over from Clave and Ruth) with some grilled veggies (eggplant, onions, red peppers and mushrooms) and rice.  We're putting the finishing touches on cleaning up our place.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm glad you finally updated! We've been wondering what you guys have been up to all week. You'll have to post some pictures of Abe as well as the house once you get the camera working again.

Oh yeah: I have skype on my computer now, so we'll have to talk face to face soon!

Lis said...

Love that your battery is dead and you're cool with it. i think I took about 8000 pictures a day of Madeline. :-) Hike sounds beautiful!

Lis said...

Don't you always want to put a gps on the dog to see what your 4 mile hike equals for him? It always seems like it has to be at least double!

Mom said...

Sounds like a beautiful day to be out climbing a mountain. Glad you are back in the swing (swim) of things. I bet it felt good to be back in the water. Have you checked to see what the age is for baby swim? I think about 6 months. I am going through withdrawal not seeing pictures. Can't you take pictures with the video camera? Hope to see some soon.