Thursday, June 16, 2011

Bad start to the day

So I woke up this morning and decided to take Banjo and Abe to Martha Washington for some chuck it fun. When I got into the Explorer, I noticed that someone had broken part of the ignition off, and forced open part of the steering column. Some hooligan kids must wonder the streets at night causing mischief of one kind. Anyways, the car still started, and off to MW we went.

The waves were a little choppy on the lake, but all in all it was a great day out. We noticed one person at the park, who was walking his dog on his leash. They quickly left, so Banjo, Abe and I were the ONLY ones at the park.

About a half hour later, after some chuck its in the field, and some swimming in the lake, an Animal Control officer approached us. Apparently someone had called them a half hour earlier about 'an off-leash dog". The officer was actually very nice and professional, but he gave me a $54 ticket for breaking the off-leash law.

Now I can accept the risk of having Banjo off-leash, and running into an officer sometime and getting a ticket. But when there is NO ONE at the freakin' park, who am I really hurting? It's 8:30 am on a Thursday. No one is around. I'm not preventing anyone from enjoying the park. But someone who lives next to park, likes to get into peoples business, and hates dogs and their owners must have felt inclined to give a call. Instead of coming out and telling me, hey, I live here, could you please put your dog on a lease, they had to take the cowardly way out and call someone up to do their dirty job. That is what pisses me off. If there was anyone else at the park I would have put Banjo on a lease.

So that's my rant. After that we went home, had a snack, and then went up to the Woodland Park Zoo and had a fun day. Abe had a big (>2.5 hours) nap in the afternoon so I was able to watch more of my lectures.

1 comment:

Lis said...

shoot :-(

definitely not a lot of awesome dog parks. we have had good luck along the cedar river trail, about 50' from the lake there's a boat launch into the river. We take Rudder there to throw his ball all the time.