Thursday, September 29, 2011

Minnesota here we come!!!

Right now we are at gate N16 at Sea-Tac waiting to board our 11:20am flight to Minneapolis (well, really to Chicago, and then to Minneapolis). Why are we flying to the MN??? For Molly's wedding!!! Molly is one of Emily's best friends from Whitman, so we're really excited to see her again and go to her wedding. Last time we saw her was in Washington DC in 2010.

Somehow we managed to pack all of our bags and get to the airport with plenty of time. And it was a good thing, because even though we got to use the express family lane to go through airport security (thanks Abe!), it took us like 20 minutes to actually have our bags scanned and get all the way through security. Abe's diaper bag was a little suspicious (that's my fault - I forgot we had sun block lotion and desitin in there), as was his Play-Doh. They had to double-check to make sure we could bring it on the plane.

One we got to our gate we decided to buy some bagels for lunch on the plane. Little did I know that three bagels would cost $17.60!!!!! I said "$17 for three bagels???" And the lady said "They're pizza bagels". I don't care if they're dipped in freakin' gold, three bagels shouldn't cost $17. These better be the best damn bagels I've ever had in my life.

We get into Minneapolis after 9PM, and then it's off to my Heidi and Brad's house. Heidi is my cousin, and we'll be staying with her family for a few days while we're in town. It will be really nice to see Heidi, Brad, and their two daughters Katie and Emma (Katie and Emma are actually my generation - we're 3rd cousins).

Should be a fun weekend. We've brought lots of distractions for Abe on the plan (i.e. Play-Doh, Thomas the Train DVDs, coloring book, regular book, snacks, etc). Hopefully everyone won't want to kill us by the time we hit Chicago!

No comments: