Saturday, January 19, 2008

Up before the crack of dawn

Last night I went to the Anchorage Folk Festival. It was like a scaled down version of Folklife. We heard a few local bands of varying talent (including a group of senior citizens who were into "clogging". (All I can say is, at least they enjoyed themselves.) They were like tap dancers. It was pretty funny. The final band of the night was a band brought in from San Francisco--The Stairwell Sisters. They were really good! One of the band members "clogged to a few songs, and her clogging was pretty cool. It was like a more folk-d-fied version of Lord of the Dance. Any how, they were great performers, and one of the things they said was how they'd been working till the crack of dawn (meaning since 10 am).

Only a few hours till the boys get here!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Hmm...I didn't realize that I'd been up since before the crack of dawn. In fact, I left the house before the crack of dawn even!