Saturday, July 19, 2008

27 hours later


27 hours after I left the conference venue in Chicago I finally arrived home.  Due to some bad winds at O'Hare (aka O'Hell) my flight to San Francisco was delayed by over 2 hours.  We spend about an hour of that time sitting on the tarmac waiting in a long line of planes to get the okay for lift off.  All I can say about the woman sitting next to me (or should I say on me) was that imagine two picnic caliber watermelons.  We couldn't put down the arm rest between us, because her watermelon sized chest blocked it.  

Of course once I got into San Francisco I missed my connecting flight to Anchorage.  The United Airway (UNITED SUCKS) guy literally laughed at me when I asked whether he couldn't find a sooner flight than 4 pm the following day (20 hours after I was supposed to have left).  "Is there some reason you want to get back to Anchorage?  Wouldn't you rather sleep in in San Francisco?"  But I prevailed and got a flight out the next morning at 6 am to Seattle with a connecting flight to Anchorage.  

I'll post some of my pictures from the windy city later.   

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Poor Emi!

We had a red eye flight to Florida and then a really early flight back today (leaving at 7am east coast time...so we were up at 1am pacific time to get checked out and to the airport in time). On the way there the man I was sitting next to kind of slumped on me as he slept, but luckily I was seated next to someone skinnny today.

molly said...

That is no fun Em! Glad you're back safe and sound in AK.