Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Emily the Traveling Hobo

I dropped my wife off at the airport last night so she could take the Red-Eye to Chicago for her Maternal and Child Health Retreat in Chicago.  Since she left at 8:00 PM she arrived at Chicago at 5am.  But she couldn't check into her dorm until noon.  So she grabbed some breakfast, checked out a gigantic Target, read at Starbuck's for an hour, and took a little nap at the park (hence the hobo reference).  

Once Emily checked into her dorm and took a little nap, she was refreshed enough to go out some more.  She went to a bookstore and read another book for a while.  She eventually went to buy the book.  But when she presented the clerk with her Alaskan Driver's License to get her tax-free status on, the lady copped her a huge attitude.  They argued back and forth for a bit, and since the clerk was so rude and ignorant, Emily finally just ended up paying the sales tax.  Still angered by the ordeal Emily didn't read her book for a while.

My day was less exciting.  The coolest part of my day was that I was given notice of my interview time on Monday for the DNA casework position that I applied for.  I grilled up some Costco sausages for dinner and now I'm just watching the All-Star game (in extra innings as I type).

No comments: