Thursday, December 31, 2009

Don't Mock Me!

I had my Mock Trial yesterday. It was in an actual courtroom in the Anchorage Courthouse. We had actual prosecutors as the lawyers (they played the prosecutor, defense attorney and judge). I even had a pre-trial with my prosecutor the day before the trial. Everyone from the DNA section was there to watch - even Stacey. Some other people from the lab were nice enough to come by to watch and give their evaluations and observations about how I did - even the lab director.

It was very realistic. People told me I did a good job, and I felt pretty good about it. Obviously there are a lot of places that I can improve on, but I was always calm on the stand, had a cool demeanor, spoke clearly, and didn't say a lot of 'ums'. Apparently I let the defense attorney boss me around a little, but that's a rookie mistake. All in all it was a good experience.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Sounds like you aced it. That is going to be exciting testifying in court. Still a long way off though I guess. Congrats Neil Hoff CSI!!