Friday, March 4, 2011

bigger than 95 out of 100 kids

I guess Uncle Stuart was right. Maybe he does resemble Stewie a little. Today Abe had his 18 month visit. His head is in the 95th percentile. I guess that's why he always screams when you try to take his shirts on and off. At least it's in proportion. Abe is 70-90th for height and weight. Big boy, and it's no wonder. Tonight Abe literally had 5+ servings of pasta. I'm not joking when I say he ate more than me.

When the doctor asked about Abe's developmental milestones he wondered if Abe could throw a ball and stack things. Neil said that he could throw (how could he not? He's so in love with Banjo?), but not stack. When I got home from work today they'd been working on it, so now can stack his lovely blocks that Tessa made him. I guess he's just putting his large brain to use.

5 comments:

Lis said...

I don't think we've ever cracked the 50% over here. Lucky you! Fun stroller to push around. :-)

Lis said...

Oh, where do you go by the way?

Margaret said...

As long as he can "build a tower with at least 8 blocks" by the time he's 3. :)

Mom said...

That is so funny. Fathers seem to take it as some kind of personal failure of their own and need to right the matter. I remember when you weren't crawling and we knew someone who was at 4 months. Dad had to get down on the floor and try the teach you to crawl. He didn't want someone else to do something you weren't doing. Everything in it's own time. I don't think we need to worry about Abe not hitting meeting a milestone.

Sarah said...

Frances may be following in her cousin Abe's footsteps. She's 51-52 percentile for height and weight...and 76 percentile for head circumference.