Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Another day another dollar

Work today was more of the same: sit, read, email. There are a few people my age who go walking every day during lunch, so I joined them. They walk with purpose, so I had to kick it up a notch to keep up. They were both very friendly though, and Sophie even invited me to join her and a few other people on a 40 mile back packing trip this weekend. It sounds fun, but considering her pace during lunch I don't know if I could handle 40 miles in 3 days. I'm beginning to realize that Alaskans live life with intensity. My theory is that they have to fit in all of their adventure and activity during the light months. And, as everyone is eager to tell me, come September summer is over and winter begins. I suppose I'll soon see what they're talking about.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Hopefully you'll have enough warm clothes to survive the Alaskan winter!