Monday, September 3, 2007

An Anchorage 3-Day




Labor Day weekend has been pretty relaxing. There's this guy in Anchorage who owns two restaurants called the Moose's Tooth and the Bear's Tooth (named after mountain peaks). Neil and I have already been to Moose's Tooth twice for pizza. And on Saturday I tried out Bear's Tooth. The neat thing about Bear's Tooth is that it is also a theater. So Meghan, one of my roommates, and I went to see Nocked Up. The place has seating just like a normal theater, but in-between each of the rows there's also a narrow table. We didn't end up eating, but I will definitely need to return for the mud pie. The movie was decent, although it wasn't what I was expecting.

This weekend our duplex also has 2 house guests--Sherpa and Montana. Meghan is dog sitting so we are officially out numbered by canines 4 to 3. Montana is a great dane, and I could probably ride her around like a horse without her slowing down. Her head comes up to my arm pit.

I've also managed to get in a few hikes this weekend. With a friend from work we went up to the flat top area, which is Anchorage's most popular hiking area. It's only about 10 minutes from my house, and you can look out over the entire city. We took the power line trail. Along the way there were a few middle school aged boys looking up into the hills with binoculars at something. They claimed to have seen a few moose, but I wasn't able to spot them. I expect to see one soon though. I guess as it gets colder and the moose can't find anything to eat they make their way into the city to eat the bark off of the trees.

3 comments:

molly said...

Sounds like fun Em! Did you take a picture of all the dogs? I can't imagine 4 dogs in one apartment.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun. In case you don't see a moose, here's one

http://home.comcast.net/~miraclo/bullwinkle.jpg

Anonymous said...

Hey Emily, I want to see some pictures.