Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Anchored back down

After a week of CSTE orientation in Atlanta I'm back in Anchorage. The orientation was pretty good. It was a lot of general public health information as well as some more specifics of what competencies we'll be covering in our fellowship. It was great meeting all the other fellows who are stationed around the country. And, the best part was that I got to stop over in Seattle on my way home. Neil, Sarah, Haru and my parents and I all went to the Greek festival, which basically included a lot of eating. Gyros, Greek salad, baklava, and some weird little donut things. Then, in the evening we went to see "To Kill a Mockingbird" the play. I had forgotten what a great story that was. It was pretty good. The girl who played Scout did a great job.

On Sunday we went out to breakfast with Neil's family, then we went to church and out to lunch with grandma afterwards. (It seems like all I did in Seattle was eat!) After lunch we played cards, which Neil and I made out with over $6 in winnings!

Back in Anchorage I can really tell that the weather is getting colder. The taxi driver told me that it rained about an inch each day while I was gone (in the 80 degree weather in Hotlanta). It's in the lower 50's here. Quite chilly really. We've taken to wearing hats and coats indoors. All the rain in Anchorage has meant snow in the Chugach.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Yes, you won so much because I lost! So sad. My time to win has come...next time I'll take you!

Emily Locke said...

We'll see about that.