Friday, July 3, 2009

How do you celebrate 2 days before your birthday?

You have a potluck with your co-workers and then sing "Yoda" at one of the two gay bars in Anchorage.  That's how you rock it out before you turn 29.

My co-workers like to get together every once in a while (we had a potluck at my supervisor's house back in February), and since Sara, one of our new Casework analysts, just moved a few months ago she wanted to have everyone over.  So that's what we did.  And since my birthday was a few days away, Cheryl made a super-delicious chocolate-peanut butter mouse cake.  Kim bought the corn hole (it's a lawn game - really), which Emily and I won.  Emily came for the food part, but didn't want to go sing karaoke with us.  We had fun in the bar - some of my co-workers can really belt them out.  I think I surprised everyone with my song selection and rendition.  I had fun.  It was the first time I ever sang a song at a bar by myself (I remember doing 'Baby Got Back' at Barnaby's in Walla Walla with a bunch of people on John Bennet's 21st birthday, and of course rockin' out the karaoke at Mary's parent's house in Spokane during Thanksgiving before Jimmy had to head off to Iraq).  I feel I may be rambling, so I'll stop.

But speaking of rambling, did anyone catch Ex-Governor Palin's farewell speech today?  That lady can't string two coherent sentences together if her life depended on it.  If you want to check it out, go to adn.com.  Good news for Alaska, potentially horrible news for the rest of the US.  Now Palin will be unleashed upon the rest of this fine nation's citizenry.  And did you catch the little dig she made at global warming?  She's unbelievable!

3 comments:

Mom said...

OMG I just listened to Palin's announcement and I am scratching my head and wondering what she was talking about. Oh well, one less fool in office.
Happy birthday dear Neil. I hope you have a good time at the game and have a good day in general.

Sarah said...

The Sarah Palin thing is so ridiculous! I have a great fear that she aspires to be the president one day. Really, I'd like her to crawl off into the tundra and die and spare us all the therapy bills.

Anonymous said...

Oh Neil...we must sing together one of these days, I didn't even suspect you had "the talent" Happy Birthday to you!