Friday, July 17, 2009

it's been a while

Well, we've been pretty busy, although I can't really think of anything too exciting to report.  We've been trying to gradually move our stuff over to our new place.  I think we've been doing pretty good.  We still have the quite a bit of stuff, but we've managed to set up most of the stuff in the Peanut's room, like his crib, changing table, and all of his loot.  (We've also had 3 baby showers:  one at Neil's work, one with my friends that kari and rachel threw (mom and grandma skyped in for the occasion), and one at my work).  I'll have to take some pictures of the house and all of the loot next time we're over there.

We also started our classes at the hospital.  Last week we had a 3 hour class on "the art of breast feeding".  It was pretty good.  The teacher was really knowledgeable.  And outside of the swim locker room I've never seen so many boobs.  

On Tuesday we had a tour of the maternity wing of the hospital where we're going.  It seemed pretty nice.  The lady who gave the tour was really nice.  They have a Jacuzzi, and the rooms are pretty nice.  They have real furniture in them, and don't look that much like a hospital room.

Tomorrow we have a baby care class, and then two birthing classes next week.  Then apparently we're officially ready.  

2 comments:

Mom said...

Well, you have passed the one month mark, so anytime now. It would be nice for you to wait for me to get there though. I have decided that the baby will come on the 12th. That was my grandma's birthday (also David Nitta's) so I think that she will channel through him and be born then. You know 6 degrees of separation. Well hope you are getting some rest.

Sarah said...

Please do wait until the 12th! I am really hoping that he won't be born while I'm on my cruise (July 31-Aug 6)since I will only have my cell phone while we're in Washington and Alaska (because my dad would kill me if I used it in Canada and got all of those roaming charges). I will check my email every day though!