Wednesday, August 12, 2009

4 cm and counting

So far I've been enjoying my time off of work.  Yesterday I was able to run a lot of errands in the morning before my doctor's appointment.  The appointment ended up taking a lot longer than expected, because she had to leave right before seeing me to go deliver another baby.  But, they told me to just wait there and that she would be back shortly.  So, I just hung out in the waiting room, catching up on HGTV.  Good stuff.  

I asked the doctor if it would be okay to go to Seward with the rest of the gang this weekend, but she seemed to think, that since I went from 2 to 4 cm dilated over the past week that it would be a better idea to just sit tight (since Seward is about a 3 hour drive away).  Hopefully little peanut will soon decide that life on the outside is more fun than his current arrangement.

After the doctor's appointment I rushed off to swimming.  After practice Paula, my coach has arranged a very nice baby shower for me (make that #4, not to mention Diane's grandma party and the baby party).  It was fun to hang out with my fellow swimmers.  She said that anyone who swims all 9 months of pregnancy deserves a shower.  

After the shower I went straight to the airport to pick up Ruth.  She made it here alright, and got a chance to sit next to a new mom on the plane with her 5-day-old baby girl.  

Send little Peanut subliminal messages that life is more fun on the outside!  

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Peant - come out come out!

Wow! This kid is already really spoiled and he's not even born yet.

Minna said...

Hmm, at 4cm I was at the hospital and getting IVed up in prep for an epidural!

Anonymous said...

y thank you "Drummer" for waiting for your grandma to get there. Now I'm agreeing with SEL "Come out Come out!!!