Friday, August 21, 2009

Berry Picking






Here are a few pictures from everyone's stay in Anchorage. On Tuesday before everyone (excluding Ruth) went home we went up to flattop to go for a little hike and to pick some blueberries. We were successful on both accounts. We got around 6 cups of berries (a significant accomplishment considering how small the berries are), and Hannah, Jacob, Jenilyn and Banjo hiked to the top of flattop. Clave, Ruth and I just hiked to the berry picking spot (aptly named blueberry loop).

With the berries my mom and I made a batch of spiced blueberry jam. However, it is more like spiced blueberry syrup. The sugar got added at the wrong time so it didn't properly thicken. Oh well. It still taste really good. I'll bring some of the cans down when we come in September for all the pickers to have. We also made lemon blueberry scones. Yummy--especially with the "jam" on them.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Mmm...I bet your jam would be really good on some blueberry pancakes!

Lis said...

making jam and picking blueberries?something tells me you had this baby...