Friday, September 18, 2009

We're in Seattle!

On Tuesday the whole fam - Abram, Emily, Banjo and I - flew down to Seattle. It was an exhausting day, at least for me. The day started at 6 am (after going to bed after 3am) with a trip to the dog park with Banjo and my mountain bike. I rode around 2 and a half times to tire Banjo out for his long trip. While I was there, Emily was giving Abe a nice big meal. After that we went home, took a shower, and then I took Banjo and travel kennel (which isn't small) to the airport. After a small almost-snafu, Banjo was picked up by the baggage people, and I was off to race back home to catch a cab with Emily and Abe.
At the airport things didn't get much easier, because we had 5 carry-0ns and a baby. But it was nice moving right to the head of the line at the TSA security check-point, since Little Abe was with us. We were finally able to catch our breathe at 11am when we sat down for some yummy Quizzno's.
The plane ride was very smooth. Abe slept for the first two hours, and was awake and alert, but not fussy, for the rest of the flight. Once we arrived in Seattle Hannah, Scott and my Mom were there to pick us up and help with our luggage. Then we went to the Locke's were we had a nice dinner where we would relax and people could meet Abe.
We haven't done too much since arriving here. We went to El Quetzal for lunch on Wednesday, and South China for dinner with my folks, Emiy's parents, and Jacob and Jenilyn later that night to taste the baby party menu. On Wednesday we went down to the Swedish Infanct Special Care Unit with Katie so we could weigh Abe (good news - he's up ato 8 pounds, 10 oz) . It's good to know people, like doctors, who can help you out. Later we took a walk down to Mapplewood park. We were able to use Abe's new stroller.
Tonight I am going to the Mariner's game with a friend from college, Rich. Hopefully the weather stays nice for the game. And then tomorow I'm going to the UW - USC game with my brother. I have to get my Seattle sports fix while I can!
Look who we ran into at Mapplewood, none other than the Fightin' Irish football team. There sure were a lot of them.Katie, Abe, Emily and Saddie having a nice walk in the park. It was such a nice day that we had to get out and enjoy the weather. All of that nice kind of weather has left Anchorage.
Abe in his turtle suit conked out from his stroll.
Sarah stopped by after work. Here she is give Abe a bottle.
Abe sometimes likes to have tummy time during the day. Here he was enjoying himself with Sarah and Katie, and Banjo.

No comments: