Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Holla!!!!

Whoo-hoo!!! Months after I applied to be a forensic scientist for the State of Alaska, today I was officially offered the position! It took a while, but was way worth the wait. Michelle Collins, a very nice lady who has been in contact with me throughout this process, called me up this afternoon to give me the good news. I actually drove over to the Crime Lab this morning to sign a form stating that I don't have any domestic violence charges against me. Apparently not having any charges against me means I can be trusted to work with firearms.
There are two other people who are being hired as well. One of them is a teacher, so they are letting her finish out the school year so she doesn't leave her principal high and dry. And since they want everyone to start together, our first day of work will be at 8:30 AM on May 27th. I told them about my upcoming jaw surgery in June and they gave me the option of waiting to start until I recovered. But It's all about that insurance so I'm staring in May!!!

6 comments:

molly said...

Yey Neil -- Congratulations!! it sounds like it will be an awesome job.

Sarah said...

Hooray for Neil! Employed and insured!

Emily Locke said...

Yay Neil!! Now we can get two netflix. Say goodbye to house husband.

Anonymous said...

Neil that is so great!! Don't cancel your insurance yet, sometimes it takes up to 3-6 months before you are eligible. Also the feds don't have very good coverage.

Anonymous said...

Wow!! That's the kind of news we want to hear....no more house husband. I'm proud to know you Forensic Scientist!

Anonymous said...

...says Grandma

who is just figuring out this comments thing.