Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Three noteworthy anecdotes

This morning when I was pulling out of the driveway I heard this strange breaking noise like some huge chunk of medal fell off the car. I looked around behind me to see if I'd hit anything, but everything looked okay, so I continued on to work. Then coming home I heard the same noises. By now I was getting a little worried that we might not make it to noteworthy anecdote #2. Then the huge crash came while I was pulling into the driveway, in exactly the same place I'd heard it earlier in the morning. It turned out it was one of our dinner plates that had been placed on top of the car last night after puppy class. (Don't fault me, I'd have to climb onto the wheel to see up there).

Tonight we're going out to Red Robin, Neil's choice for his celebratory meal. Mmmm...I think I'll have a freckled lemonaide. We've been keeping a list of things that we want to get or do once Neil got a job. Now we can start checking them off the list.

Anecdote #3 involves presidential hopeful Barak Obama. Today we donated to his campaign, so that it can be included in the April financial statement, and since we are first time donors it will be matched by some other smart voter.

My bonus anecdote, that I just thought of is that today I had my first state report published. It's just a short "Epi Bulletin", which is perhaps why it did not get counted as an anecdote of its own.

5 comments:

Emily Locke said...

PS. As a result of anecdote #2 the Obama campaign was able to put another ad on tv in Indiana about how to solve the energy crisis and get gas costs under control.

Emily Locke said...

PPS. Here is the YouTube clip of the ad:

www.my.barackobama.com/page/content/gasprices1

Sarah said...

Last Friday I finaly received my Obama t-shirt in the mail! I was so excited I wore it Friday night and all day Saturday. It was my first political campaign contribution.

molly said...

GO'BAMA!!!

Anonymous said...

Is your article in here?
http://www.epi.alaska.gov/

Dad