Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Emily's 27th Birthday Spectacular Spectacular!





Emily and I celebrated her 27th birthday yesterday. I made pulled-pork sandwiches in the crock pot, complete with homemade BBQ sauce. They were very tasty and made a bunch of left-overs as well. I also made some cole slaw to go along with the sandwiches. And for dessert, I made Creme Brule (sp???) - I need to give Ruth shout-out for giving me the idea and the recipe. Since Tuesdays are pretty busy for Emily with swimming and Banjo's class, I actually ate our wonderful meal by myself and Emily ate it in the car as I drove to Banjo's Puppy Class.

After Puppy Class I put the finishing touches on the Creme Brule (broiling the sugary topping) and Emily opened up presents. Of course, she only had presents from myself and my parents to open up because - ahhemmm- some people failed to send her anything (when she got home from work she quickly ran down to our mailbox to see what great Birthday Treats people had sent her - when she came back empty handed she looked so sad and forlorn). Emily did listen to the birthday wishes people left on her phone. She did get a nice mix-CD of cheesy music made by me, a golf disc, a croquet set, and a set of The 12 Days of Christmas dessert plates. Good stuff!

4 comments:

molly said...

Neil -- you are the sweetest husband!! Em -- wish i could be there to celebrate with you. looks like you had a great day. your shirt is adorable -- where did you find it?!

Sarah said...

And a rousing rendition of "happy birthday", sung by yours truely (with accompanyment) and a message telling her that her gift would arive as soon as the post office delivered it!

Anonymous said...

You poor forlorn girl. What a disappointment. I will have to really make sure that I come up with something good in Scotland or Ireland for you. Better not come home empty handed. Looks like you made the best of it anyway. Love you. Mom

Sarah said...

Has your birthday gift arrived yet?!