Sunday, November 23, 2008

35 lbs

is how much the underwater camera adds.  Yesterday in addition to going to my regular swim practice I went to a swim clinic for part of my triathlon club.  It was pretty cool.  They showed us 5 different drills (which we already do at my swim group) and then we took turns swimming a 75 on camera.  The camera had this large periscope (is that what you call the thing on submarines?) that went underwater.  After everyone had taken a turn we got out and changed and then watched the footage.  This guy who must have known a lot about swimming would critique us and then suggest the various drills that we could work on to improve.  When it was my turn on the hot seat the asked me whether I have swam competitively.  I guess all my work with masters is paying off.  The clinic only cost $3 a person.  But I accidently forgot about that detail and didn't bring money.  FOrtunately Karen was there and so she paid for me.  But then when I paid her back with a 5, she apparently thought that I was giving her a tip.  Silly republicans.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

That's certainly a hefty tip! How generous of you.