Thursday, November 13, 2008

First Day I met the Dood!






Today is November 13th, which is my brother's birthday. Happy Birthday Scott!! I hope your birthday dentist-appointment hits the spot. But you'll have to wait a bit before you receive our present (since I haven't bought it yet - but I know what it will be). But you'll love it!

Besides it being my brother's birthday, November 13th is also the first day I (along with Ruth and Jeanne) ever met Banjo! Back then he was named Sug, and was a little smaller and lot sleepier. But I that famous Banjo personality still shined through, and I knew I wanted to take him hom to Emily. I'll try and find some pictures of that day to post.

On Wednesday night, after work, Emily, Banjo and I went to the dog park. Who cared that it was completely dark and we could barely see anything? It had just snowed a few days over, and since the lake was frozen, Emily and grabbed our Cross Country skis and skied on the lake. It was actually a lot of fun, and once we got moving we weren't all that cold. And Banjo even met a Goldendoodle-type cousin of his (half poodle, half goldendoodle). Then we had some bitchin' Spam Fried Rice when we got home.

4 comments:

molly said...

What is spam fried rice? You guys are great cooks, but that sounds a little questionable to me . . . :-)

Sarah said...

Mmm...your dinner sounds quite tasty. Perhaps Katie and I will make some one of these days. We do have a can of spam in the cupboard, after all. Tonight we had chicken lo mein. I am quite a good cook, thanks to America's Test Kitchen's "30 minute dinners" cookbook!

Happy adoption day Banjo!

HaruMeetsWorld said...

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/15/business/15spam.html?_r=1&hp&oref=slogin

Anonymous said...

spam fried rice...perhaps left over from the spam sushi? :-)