Wednesday, June 3, 2009

29 weeks later

Today we had another baby appointment for Little 'Nut. It was with our doctor, Wynd Counts. They took a few measurements of Emily (like the distance from the top of her pubic bone to the top of her uterus - which is 28.5 inches) and listened to the Nut's heartbeat. We asked a few questions that we had, like how soon we could fly (between 2 and 4 weeks - which means that we'll most likely be down in Seattle in the middle of September).
The Doctor did have one little worry about Emily - weight gain. Emily has only gained 15 pounds so far, and she should be up to 25 - 35 pounds by the time the Nut comes out. So Emily has to start eating more calories in her diet to gain one pound a week. I asked what the best way to do that is, and the Dr. asked if we like ice cream. Of course we said. She then suggested that we (I mean Emily) eat ice cream with chocolate sauce or have a milkshake every night. Now that's one prescription that goes down easy!
Now Emily's appointments are every 2 weeks. Yikes!
Check out Emily stylin' with her shirt.
Just a peak...
The Peanut, in all his glory.
Banjo, say hello to your younger brother.
We trimmed Banjo's tail (finally!). We left a little hair on the end, and now it kind of looks like a Lion's tail.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Hi Little Peanut!

Given the hot weather down here, and our support of Emi, Katie and I are resolving to eat more ice cream as well. Mmm...and popsicles, because popsicles sound fantastic these days.

Mom said...

Wow, you are really popping out. I am glad that Neil is such a good support to you and will help the ice cream go down by joining you for the drudgery. Funny no one told me to gain weight during any of my pregnancys I guess I was just a good patient and did it on my own. Can't wait to see you all. When do you leave for the east coast? Well, have some rocky road for me. Mom

molly said...

CUTE BELLY!!!