Monday, January 18, 2010

H2Oasis

It had been suggested to me that you can take your baby to Anchorage's indoor water park, h2oasis, so today Neil and I decided to take the little boy. One thing we should have considered was that today, being Martin Luther King Jr Day, meant that all of the school children were also off. So, the place was pretty crowded. This time Abe's swimming experience wasn't quite as fun for him. The water seemed colder and I think he got way too over stimulated by all of the noise of the people, water, etc. So, each time we'd try to take him into the water he'd have the most pathetic little face and quivery chin. We stayed a little while and hung out by the pirate ship. Arrrr.

On the way home we stopped off at Babies R us to get a high chair for Abe. Although he's not eating solids yet, he does like to join us at the table when we eat dinner. So, we got a "space saver" seat, which fastens to a normal chair. Tonight we tested it out and dinner went way more smoothly. Both Neil and I could eat at the same time without either of us holding a whimpering baby.

I had some cool pictures to include, but alas, last night our camera took a turn for the worse. Neil was trying to get a picture of Abe in the bathtub, and in the midst of arranging all 9 of the rubber duckies, he dropped the camera into the tub. I was looking for an excuse to get a new camera and now we have one.

2 comments:

Lis said...

We've been using the bumbo seat with Allie although this morning she got ahold of my cereal bowl. After I got it all cleaned up Maddie came down and knocked it over. Seriously. it's going to be one of those days. Although, I suppose if I pull out the high chair we'll eliminate one messy person. Have you started solids? Some peds say 4 months, some 6. We started at 4. It's so much fun!

Sarah said...

If you open the camera up and wait a week or so, it may work. I'd remove the battery though. And you should be able to get the pictures off of the SD card right away.