Thursday, October 18, 2007

Happy Alaska Day!

I don't have anything exciting to report...except that today is Alaska Day. All state workers got the day off to celebrate the state joining the union. The day seemed a little less exciting than the celebrations of statehood in Ecuador, however: no week long parties or party buses cruising the streets. I, perhaps not yet a true Alaskan, went in to work so that I could squirrel away my day off for a long, 4-day weekend. I found a cheap red eye Saturday morning so, I'm headed to Seattle through Tuesday. Yay!

Today I registered to vote in Alaska. I'm thinking that this red state needs a little more help than King county. Today I also learned on the internet that the names Emily and Hannah are top baby names in red states, while Sarah and Katherine are more popular among the democrats. You can learn a lot while you're bored at work.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Who knew your mom had hidden republican tendencies!

Sarah said...

I'm so happy you're home! I can't wait to see you tomorrow!