Sunday, October 14, 2007

Watch out Yarn Harlot!


This weekend has been pretty low key (read: boring). But I did manage to finish the hats that I was making for the Westfahl kids. They're pretty cute if I do say so myself, although a true yarn harlot may be able to note a few mistakes. If it were socially acceptable perhaps I'd make myself a larger version to wear around the office.

I registered for the 1/2 marathon walk today. Fortunately for me, with my car on the fritz I've had lot's of training walking from place to place. It should be pretty fun. So far Haru, Ruta and I are doing it. I'm thinking we should pull together some sort of costume to wear. We'll go by H.E.R. or if we're able to talk Sarah and Katie into doing, SHERK sounds pretty cool.

I drove with Meghan to drop off the recycling and it was snowing quite a bit over there. But, still no snow on the west side of town. The weather reporter was complaining that the weather gods mistook Anchorage for Seattle, because it's been pretty rainy all weekend. Why does Seattle get such a bad wrap?

7 comments:

Sarah said...

Katie and I are going to go online and register right now...however, Katie is doing so with the stipulation that we be SHREK, not SHERK. It would be fun -- we could dress like various fairytale people!

Sarah said...

Cute hats! Katie wants the pattern for the pumpkin!

Sarah said...

Katie and I are now signed up -- team SHREK is ready to go!

Mom said...

Good work Emily, a chip off the ole block. Also Jenilyn and her mom have signed up to walk. The two old women may slag behind.

molly said...

The hats are freakin adorable!

Anonymous said...

I don't care if it's socially acceptable or not, you should make your husband one of those hats. That would be dope.

Sarah said...

I think we know what Neil needs for Christmas!