Saturday, October 11, 2008

Black holes


 Today we went to another Whitman gathering. UJ Sofia, the astronomy professor from Whitman came to Anchorage to give a lecture/lunch on black holes.  (THis is not a picture of a black hole, a black hole is black and boring looking).  The talk was at the Glacier Brew House, where we went to eat when my mom and dad came to town for Fur Rondy.  It was pretty good.  A lady from my swimming was there, and one of the women we volunteer with at the Obama campaign (her son went to whitman).  Apparently everyone there thought black holes are really interesting--including Neil.  Personally I'd never given them any thought before.  And although Neil thought the talk was interesting, I didn't really get it.  The food was good though.  We got to choose between pork loin, salmon, and chicken.  I had the salmon.

No comments: