Sunday, October 26, 2008

The human obama sign

On Saturday we went to an obama event.  They handed out red, white and blue ponchos for people to wear and then they had us stand in out in the formation of the american flag, and then the Obama symbol.  I haven't been able to find the posting of the pictures and video that they took, but I heard that it turned out pretty well.  They rented a hotel room from the third floor of a building across the street from the park that we were standing in.  For a video guy and a camera person to take pictures.  For the last formation we were supposed to remember where we were standing and then we all cleared out of the frame and then all ran back into the frame like a spontaneous crowd coming together to make the symbol.

Afterwards we were really cold so we went to the gumbo house with some friends.  Neil and I shared jumbalaya, which I didn't really care for.  It was too hot.  Then after we warmed up we went out to go snow shoeing with Kari, Jared, and Rachel.  There wasn't quite enough snow out, but it was perfect for sledding.  The whole time Banjo was runnign up and down the hill with us. 

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow! The Obama events in your area sound much more exciting than the events that we hear about around here (which mostly involve calling people or going door to door). On Wednesday, Katie and I are going to carve our Barack O'Lanterns! I can't wait to have them out on Halloween!

Jeanne said...

How much fun can an Obama fan have?? I am so proud of you guys....I tell everyone I meet up with what you are doing.

HOORAY!!!!!