Sunday, March 1, 2009

How do you spell 'party'? D-N-A!


Sometimes moose just pop in your yard when you live in Alaska.
Munchin' on a little tree.

Since Emily had her swim meet on Saturday, she didn't have to wake up early to take me to basketball.  Our team won - we beat the only winless team, and coincidentally, the team that bitches the most to the refs about the calls.  I missed all of my shots in the first half, but scored a few in the second.

So how do you know you live in Alaska?  When you're driving home while it's snowing on a Saturday morning in late February and you spot a big ol' moose across the street from your house on your way home.  After it was done munching on trees across the street, it came over to our yard.  I snapped there pictures from our deck.

As Emily said earlier, after her swim meet we went out to Eagle River (about 15 minutes north of Anchorage) to my boss' house for a DNA party.  It was pretty fun.  Michelle's (my boss) two kids were there, who are 2 and 4, and Stacey's (one of my CODIS partners) 3-year old Sterling was there, as was Sara's (new casework analyst) young niece.  The kids all ran around and had a fun time.  Us adults drank some adult beverage (I brought fixings for Long Island Ice Tea's - I had my little 'bar' set up in the corner) and ate some great food.  Everyone made lots of good food - deep fried halibut, homemade salsa and salmon spreads, black bean soup, salads, salmon, and home-made chocolate desserts.  After dinner we played some Apples to Apples (to Emily's chagrin).  It was a real fun time.

No comments: