Saturday, February 28, 2009

Swim meet

Overall the swim  meet was a lot of fun.  We went there afterwork yesterday.  I wasn't too sure what to expect.  We got there a little early so I was able to warm up a bit, and then I was sitting there, and all of a sudden Neil pointed out that my event was up.  Oops I was heat number one and everyone else was on the blocks.  So I quickly stripped off my sweatshirt and put my cap and goggles on.  They didn't have to wait too long.  It actually worked out kind of nice, because I didn't have time to get nervous.  

When we signed up for the meet we were supposed to put down times for our events, only I didn't really know, so I just put down the time that Paula usually gives us to swim them in practice.  So, some of my swims were a little mismatched for the heats.  At Whitman I only ever swam the 50 and 100 yard free.  And I think that my times were about the same as they were back then.  (Although I was telling Neil today that this swim program has far better coaching then we ever got at whitman).  My times were 1:23 100 IM, 31 50 free, 1:09 100 free, 7:03 500 free.  

This evening we're off to Neil's boss's house.  They having a DNA party.  Neil is brining stuff to make long island iced teas.  I'm going to try and get some Thomas Kemper root beer to bring too.  We're also going to bring Cranium, but no Banjo.  He'll have to stay home and be guard dog.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey hey SPEEDY! I am IMPRESSED!! I always knew you were "fast", not in the way Auntie Ellen is of course, but fast, fast!!

Mom said...

Pretty good time. Especially since you have an extra little orange ball you are caring along with you. What is a long island ice tea?

Sarah said...

Hmmm...I believe my mom said she was a "fun girl", not a "fast girl"!

Long Island ice tea is something that the baby cannot have.