Monday, February 9, 2009

Week 12

Emily had another doctor's appointment for the Peanut today.  We waited, and waited, and waited, and finally the doctor came in to see us.  She just wanted to know if things were going smoothly for Emily, if we had any questions, things like that.  She asked us if we had any inklings on what we think the sex of the baby will be.  Emily told her that I think it's a boy.  The doctor then commented on how Emily has had little nausea, and that in her experience that usually suggests that a boy might be on the way.  Once again, score one for Neil being right.  Ha!  (Emily would like to point out that I don't know if I'm right).

One of the cool things that the doctor did was to listen to the baby's heartbeat with this little machine.  We couldn't hear anything for a little bit, but then she found the baby, and the heartbeat.  It was really quick, and was like 'whaju-whaju-whaju-whaju'.  The heartbeat is 164 bpm.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

My mom thought I was going to be a boy until the day I was born.

I'm still rooting for a girl.

Jimmy said...

I like your description of the heartbeat.

molly said...

Cute little Emily/Neil Jr. heartbeat!!

Mary said...

Possible baby names: Neimily or Emileil

Jimmy said...

I'm more a fan of Faqnel or Nelgay.