Friday, March 27, 2009

I literally have a screw lose...literally!!!

I've had a nagging infection on the left side of my low jaw ever since my surgery in June.  I've been on antibiotics twice since then, once from Dr. Lee in Seattle, and the other from my orthodontist up here in Anchorage, and each time my infection came back.  I finally saw an oral surgeon in Anchorage on Wednesday.  They took another X-ray, and the surgeon thought that I had infected hardware, i.e. (presumably) caused by a lose screw.  

They wanted to schedule me for surgery right away.  I told them I was going to Hawaii on April 16th, but the surgery couldn't wait.  So I'm going under the knife on April 8th, which is one day before I was suppose to get my braces off.  Hopefully I can get them off before hand, if not, I'll have to wait until May.  Oh, and we find out the sex of the Peanut on April 7th.  Now that's a busy week.

On a different note, welcome to the blog Stu!  That makes 7 followers!  In another year maybe we'll move into double-digits!

2 comments:

Mom said...

Wow Neil, So glad that you are finally finding out what the problem is, and that you are going to have it taken care of soon. How long will you be laid up after surgery? Will it be the same as last time except only one side? Poor boy. I hope your little wife takes good care of you.

Anonymous said...

OOOOOOOOOO! You won't be able to eat Easter candy. Maybe I'll send soup!