Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Peace out, Alaska!!!

My time in Alaska is at a close. Today was my last day of work. Tomorrow my Dad and I will be in the car and on the road by 8am. With any luck we'll be in Seattle by Monday night.

We have had a great 3 years in this darn state. This is the place where Emily and I grew into being a married couple, I got my first dog (Banjo!), we had our first child (Abram!!!), and we became a real family. This place will always have a special place in my heart.

I'll leave you with a few pictures of our time in The Last Frontier.

Banjo looking at wild white yonder at Powerline Trail at Flattop. One of my favorite pictures.
Emily and Banjo ice skating on West Chester Lagoon by our first house.
Emily and I out for an October hike along the coast in 2007. This was before I moved here.
Emily (plus Abe), Banjo and me on a hike last June. We did this same hike on my birthday this year, but didn't make it all the way to the stream.
Banjo and me hanging out in the canoe at Red Shirt Lakes. This was Labor Day weekend 2008 - just that day Gov. Palin announced she would be Sen. McCain's running mate. And the world was never the same again.

3 comments:

Emily Locke said...

Nice post Neil. We had some great times there. I'll miss it too. Now hurry up and get down here! :)

Sarah said...

Have a safe drive home Neil! We miss you!

Anonymous said...

Glad the car started! Would love an ALCAN report from the other side, since I'm going to be driving it too....I'm sad I won't be in Burien, but you haven't seen the last of me yet!