Thursday, March 11, 2010

mmm... I'd like some more please

As we suspected, Abe has a healthy appetite for semi-solid foods too. We pureed some carrots on Monday for him to try (mixed with a little milk) and he gobbled them right up. Next we tried green beans, which he actually wasn't the biggest fan of. In fact he scrunched up his face in a similar way as when I put the vitamin dropper in his mouth. The texture was a little different, and quite frankly they didn't taste very good, but I thought that was because of the breast milk I mixed with them. Then later we gave him some pears. Those were a real hit! I think he may have a sweet tooth. His dad loves pears too. I've been freezing the food in the little trays that Rachel gave us, so we have a good stock built up now.

2 comments:

Lis said...

I found this food blog, honest fare, that did a little section on baby foods. Her applesauce is a HIT, with everyone, except me. I don't each mush but core an apple, sprinkle some cinnamon in, stuff it with prunes, or figs, or whatever, wrap in foil, bake and voila. I also did a sweet potato, carrots, etc... Isn't is so much fun? Do you have actual little baby food freezer storage things? I've been using ice cube trays and then putting them in ziplocks.

Lis said...

http://honestfare.com/hungry-baby/