Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Anchorage Jail

So, the other morning at work I get this automated call from the Anchorage jail. An inmate would like to speak with me and I have the option of accepting the free call or declining. I was perplexed by the whole thing so I just hung up. Then a few minutes later I got another call. It was the same thing. Pretty strange. I'm hoping it was the wrong number.

Tonight Neil and I went skiing! We got some classic skis at the big REI sale on Monday and took them out for their first trip. We got off to somewhat of a rocky start, when I couldn't figure out how my bindings worked. I thought they were automatic ones that I just had to step into, but it turned out there was a little lever I had to lift up first. Luckily REI is only a few blocks away from our house, so we went up there to ask the guy who they worked. Skiing was great fun. The trail is well lit so even though it was pitch black out we were able to go. We both got really hot. Neil says we're having a heat wave, because it's the first time in the last few weeks that it's been above 20 degrees.

I keep trying to post some pictures, but for some reason the site is having problems uploading the photos. We got our hats from Uncle Melvin last week and they're pretty cool. Neil looks like a dirty hippy though.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Awe, he may look like a dirty hippie, but we still love him!

Skiing sounds like lots of fun, especially if you could actually stay warm!

Sarah said...

The inmate phone call sounds a little creepy. Did it ask for you specifically, or was it just a call to your phone number?

molly said...

Fun time skiing! Yeah, watch out for those inmate calls. when i was working for a criminal defense lawyer, i took a collect call from a prison thinking it was the lawyer's client, but ended up costing the firm like lots of $$$. Oops!