Tuesday, February 5, 2008

I'm a failure

So for weeks I've been looking forward to the big caucus. Today instead of caucusing I sat in traffic for over an hour and a half. Margaret and I left right after work to drive to the caucus site (there was only one for the entire Anchorage area), but the traffic was just gridlock. So we didn't even make it to the middle school where it was located. By 6:30 we were still a few miles away and the doors closed at 6pm. The only plus side is that Margaret was going to vote for Hillary, so in the end we probably canceled each other out, because i think we're in the same precinct.

It's been extremely cold here these past few days. Last night I took Banjo for a walk, and I managed to stay pretty warm in Katie's giant sleeping bag coat and Neil's face mask, but the steam from my breath caused my glasses to steam up and then freeze. My eye lashes also froze together. Now that's pretty cold. Banjo was a trooper though. Even when we had back track 4 blocks to find his missing booty he kept on trucking.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Poor little Banjo losing his bootie (Katie says it's only with a y when you're talking about a rear end...I wouldn't know but she's correcting my spelling as I write this).

I'm so sad to see that Obama will be at Key Arena on Friday, but I can't go because it's at 11 and I have to be at school! I'm so frustrated, but I think that Grandma and Sumi are going, and they'll be enthusiastic enough to give all of our support!

We're going to caucus on Saturday (a much better day for a caucus than a Wednesday, if you ask me). And fear not, there are enough of us to give Barack tons of support!