Monday, June 14, 2010

Lexie in DC

While we were in DC we met up with my old friend Lexie. I'll write more later, but I have to pick up Abe and Emily (and my bags). Hooray!

Lucky I was able to get a hold of my good friend Lexie while I was in DC. Emily, Abe and I visited her at her apartment after my training on Friday afternoon. We were able to rest and relax and catch up. We walked around Lexie's neighborhood (it's pretty freakin' sweet living in a real city - where there are cool parks, restaurants, and even embassies all within walking distance). Lexie took us out to this real sweet El Salvadorian restaurant. I had some paupapas (I'm sure I messed up the spelling) and Emily had a sandwich. Even Abe got in the mix and had a side of avocados. Lexie told us all about living in DC, her wedding (she just got married in April), and her husband Marc. And Abe was even able to take a min-nap too.

After visiting with Lexie we went to Jimmy and Mary's. Jimmy is my old college roommate. We hadn't seen Jimmy and Mary since Dim Sum after our wedding. They are excepting their own little Abe in less than three months - except theirs will be a little Mia. For dinner we went to this Korean restaurant. Jimmy said that the miso soup had been described to him as "a midget dancing on your tongue after he's stomped in dog shit". With a description like that I had to try it. It tasted like normal miso soup to me. I had some BeBimBop and it brought me back to my travels in Korea with Scott 8 years ago for the World Cup.

Lexie, me, and Abe.
Lexie, Emily and Abe. I think Abe might be a tad grumpy.
Mary and Jimmy at the Korean restaurant. Jimmy and Emily each had some meat on the table-top grill. It looked pretty good.

2 comments:

Mom said...

Abe looks like he has had enough of the traveling. That looks like some good food there. Nice that you got to see so many good friends while on business. You really got around.

Mary said...

You forgot to mention that we played Settlers of Catan ;0) Jimmy is hooked. I come home from work and he's playing it online. You've created a monster!