Monday, June 14, 2010

Trailer, Sweet Trailer

This will be a little out of order, but I am now back home in Anchorage. I say "I" and not "we" because Emily and Abe are currently flying 34,000 feet above Canada on their way home. Emily's flight was delayed because they didn't have a crew (wtf?), which meant she missed her connecting flight in Minneapolis. So instead of arriving in Anchorage at 12:15 PM, Emily and Abe won't arrive until 6 PM tonight. I arrived at 1. At least this gave me some time to run to Costco and get some food.

And of course when I got into Anchorage, the stupid airline lost my bags AGAIN!!! They lost it on the way to DC, and now they lost it again on the way coming back. Are you freakin' kidding me? You'd think when you pay close to $100 to check your bags they'd be able to actually give them to you on time, like you pay them to do. Good thing the FBI is paying (if I can find my receipt).

Once I get Emily and Abe, I'll go pick Banjo up from his home-away-from-home. It will be nice to have the family all together under the same roof again tonight. And I'm sure Abe will like sleeping in his own crib again (I think he's been on the road 12 out of the last 14 days - what a little traveler!).

P.S. - I'm listening to the M's - Cardinal's game and the Mariners are garbage!!! Hitting the runner with the baseball at a play at the plate, are you kidding me? Way to squander that 2-0 lead to make it 6-2. Check that. 8-2.

2 comments:

Mom said...

You guys really had bad luck with the airlines. Hope you have a good nights sleep tonight. I bet old Bannie will be glad to see you. Hope Abe remembers how to sleep in his own bed.

Sarah said...

Most airlines will refund the checked bag fee (if you ask) if your bags do not arrive when you do.