Monday, June 14, 2010

Nationals and Pirates

Last Wednesday Emily, Abe and I met Jimmy and Mary to catch a Washington Nationals baseball game against the Pirates. It was Abe's first baseball game. We had really good seats, but we didn't sit all the way down the aisle because it was raining a bit and we didn't want Abe to get wet (it was a little rainy). The Nats won and we had a great time, even though we missed Stephen Strausberg's start by one day!!! Arghh...that would have been so cool. They sold out for the Strausberg start, but there might have been 12,000 people at the game we went to. It was nice b/c we had lots of room to spread out and put Abe's stroller. Now I've been to a Washington Nationals game and a Washington Capitals game (my only NHL game with my Dad by in 1999). Now I just need to go to a Redskin's game and a Wizard's game, and I'll have all the DC-sports teams in person in DC.

Here is the happy fam in front of Nationals Park.
Mary, Jimmy, Abe and me. I figured since we were in DC I should sport my old school Murresan jersey. That's Gheorghe with 2 H's!
Abe likes sitting in his own seat.
Check out our seats. As you can tell, not a whole lot of people at the game.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Looks like a fun time. Hope they are doing better than our M's are. Well I guess just about every team is. Abe looks like he needs a hair cut pretty soon. Maybe I will bring up the clippers. (ha ha)