Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Teresa's Visit in Homer

Our friend from Whitman, Teresa came to visit last week. She gets the prize for being the first non-family visitor of ours in Alaska! That prize was a trip to Homer. We drove down to Homer (around a 4 hour drive) and hung out at our condo. The weather was great! We hung out on the beach, walked around the spit, tasted some mead, and played Settler's of Catan into the wee hours of the night.

We saw this street sign on our drive down to Homer, and said how we had to stop on the way back to get a picture. Amazingly, Neil remembered where it was!

Banjo and his new best friend.
Abe eating at the 2 sister's cafe. Yummy!Banjo loved the chuck-its on the beach, although he couldn't figure out why the water tasted so bad!



The view from our apartment. Pretty hard to beat that. Plus, Banjo loved the enormous backyard (which stretched onto the beach). As those of you who traveled to Homer with us a few years ago may remember the steep hill you had to climb to get up from the beach, it now has a nice stair case.

"I've had enough!"

"Oh...but if you take out the camera I'll crack a smile." (Banjo wanted in on the photo too.)
"I'll even put my foot into my mouth."

4 comments:

Lis said...

That is beautiful! is that YOUR condo? I was starting to get paranoid about your lack of posts. Today, embarassingly enough, I looked up the Anchorage plane crash. I know, creepy right? Glad you were out having fun!

Anonymous said...

Oh my Stars!!!! That child gets cuter and cuter
every single picture. You didn't mention the lupins that follow the hiway to Homer. There are some in my yard now. Thanks to Teresa for being your first non family, I 'm sure she thought it was worth the long trip there!

Mom said...

Oh to be back in Homer. That is such a beautiful place. Wouldn't that be nice if that was our condo. Sounds like you showed Teresa a good time. Did you have fresh fish while you were there?

Teresa said...

Thanks again to the Locke/Hoff family! I had a wonderful time...although the main thing I keep talking about is Settlers of Catan :)

And I personally did not eat any fresh fish because I'm somehow from Seattle and don't like fish! But the only fishy situation I had a difficult time with was smells coming from Banjo in the car ;)