Saturday, May 16, 2009

Equality Works

Last night we went to a BBQ to raise money for an organization called Equality Works. The organization is a one woman show that is working to support the amendment to the city ordinance that would include sexual orientation and veterans in the non-discrimination law. It was a pretty fun event. The food was good too. Neil had 2 hamburgers, and I had a garden burger, corn on the cob and a root beer float. We saw a bunch of people who were also volunteers with the Obama campaign up here.

Then today I went to my friend from work's baby shower. Her baby is due on June 21st. I made her a baby surprise sweater. It turned out pretty cute. I used the self striping sock yarn and it made a pretty cool pattern. This morning I had to run off to the store to get some buttons to finish it off. To make it look a little more masculine I got car, plane and train buttons. The sweater was a big hit (if I do say so myself). Mollie's mom also knit her a blanket, and her friend made her a quilt. The shower was pretty fun. We played a few games. And, while I was at the shower Neil was at the male equivalent. Mollie's husband had a bunch of guys over to help guild a deck and paint the baby's room.

Tomorrow is the gold nugget women's triathlon. Wish me luck! I'm hoping it isn't too hard. I've been practicing by riding my bike home from swim practice. The distances are pretty short: 300 yard snake swim, 9 mile bike and 3 mile run.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Y ou are keeping fit....that's really good! Also be sure and sing and sing to that baby and also read books to him. Studies show that it is important.

Sarah said...

Good job Emi! I hope that the triathlon went well. The party sounds like fun. I like the idea of the men's work party during the baby shower. Very smart thinking!

Any word from the vet on Banjo's epilepsy? Does he have to go on medication?

Mom said...

You should take a picture of all the things that you make. Someday you will wonder how many things you created and you will have a visual of each.