Monday, May 4, 2009

Week 24




Today I had another prenatal appointment.  I had to drink this really sweet tasty drink and then they tested my blood sugar to see whether I may have gestational diabetes.  It tasted a lot like the orange pop you get at McDonald's.  

THis little guy is getting pretty big!  He's currently the size of a papaya, and apparently has fully sprouted nipples and a fully formed face.  Sometimes you can see my belly twitching and spasming when he's kicking around.  I think he may take after Neil.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow! He's ginormous now! Good thing you have those maternity clothes. Perhaps he gets his girth from all of the papayas you ate on the vacation.

Mom said...

That looks like a pretty big papaya. Good luck with the next test. Hopefully it will check out ok. When do you start going more often then once a month? We will have that Grandson before you know it. Can't wait!! It's going to be hard being so far away from you.

frankncents said...

Woah! That's amazing! Are you having Neil talk to your belly?

Jimmy said...

The drink is called glucola. It actually has three times the amount of sugar as normal pop, but oh what a sugar high.