Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Sunday - April 19th - Sandy Beach and dinner

Before we did our Diamond Head hike, we rented some snorkels from Snorkel Bob's. I remember that place from when I visited Hawaii with my family back in 1991. I rented a prescription mask, and Emily got fins.
After the hike Emily and looked for a beach to lounge at. We ended up at Sandy's Beach, on the east side of the island, a little past Hanama Bay. There were some good waves to jump around in, which I enjoyed. They were a little much for Emily. But we had a fun time lying in the sun and doing a little reading. Later we found out that Sandy's is the most dangerous beach on the island, an has the most amount of paramedic calls every year compared to anywhere else on the island.
Jared's sister, Marty, and her husband Mark, who live in Honolulu, invited us over for dinner for some traditional Hawaiian food - pot roast. They live on the 21st floor of a condo, and have a sweet 180 degree view from their deck. Sadly, I never took a picture of it.
Sandy's beach - you better watch yourself!
Emily and me reading at the beach. Watchmen comes to the Bear's Tooth this weekend.

More beach views.
Emily and the 'Nut on a little walk.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Cute swimsuit. Smart because it will fit you all summer!

Jimmy said...

Finally you get to the water!! I was getting concerned that you guys went all the way to Hawaii and left out the whole reason for going there.

I am also glad to see that you are still rocking the visors Neal.