Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Poor little sickie

And I'm not talking about myself. When my lovely wife called me last night from Denver she sounded quite pathetic. She was serverly sick, had terrible shivers, and had a horrible sore throat. She said that if she was back home, she would take the day off of work because she is so sick - and she NEVER takes a day off of work b/c she's sick. I hope she feels better today, and will go back to her room to rest if she needs it.

As for me, the swelling is going down, albeit very slowly (much slower that I would like), but at least it's going down now. I have an appointment with my surgon tomorrw, so it will be nice to see what she says (and to learn if I can start eating scamble-egg type foods now). But the highlight of the day tomorrow will be when Emily finally comes home around 10:30PM or so. Does anyone know when Calvin and Ruth are coming home tomorrow, and who is going to pick them up?

I have received two very nice get well cards from Jeanne, as well as an invitation to go to Boom Noodle sometime. Thank you very much for the cards and kind thoughts Jeanne.

One last thing - Sarah, could you ask your mom is she could make the Chicken in Wine sauce for me on Sunday? I assume that we're gathering at the Locke's Sunday night, and it sure would be nice to eat something that's not soup, applesauce, or Ensure!

1 comment:

molly said...

Poor Em!! I hope you feel better and get some rest. :(