Friday, June 6, 2008

Returning from the Hospital




So I returned home from the hospital Thursday afternoon. A little after Dr. Lee came by to check on me, my Mom came by and picked me up. A nice guy with a wheelchair came and picked me up and dropped me off outside where my Mom was waiting with the car. We ended up getting home a little before noon.

I actually had some stuff to "eat" on Thursday. I hit up about 3 vanilla Ensures (which are quite tasty and rich, by the way), a bottle of Gatorade and some beef broth. I actually did't get too hungry, but this morning I am a little. I've aslo been taking my meds - I wash my mouth for 30 seconds 4 times a day with this mouthwash stuff, take some anitbiotics 4 times a day, and I have some "Liquid Hillbilly Heroin" - liquified oxycotin that tastes like cough syrup. I didn't take that until last night around 11 before I went to bed.

During the day I didn't do much but play my Nintendo DS, watch the evening news and a little NBA finals. Then I went to my friends Anthony's and hung out with my friends. We watched Willow. During the movie I started to get a little sleepy (nodding off a few times) and I had a real good and restful nights sleep last night.

I did get to talk to Emily last night before I went to bed. All is well with her, and she's getting ready to fly down to Colorado for a conference tonight. It will be nice when she is here with me on Thursday. I just hope poor Banjo does OK without his folks for about 10 days. (oh, and Emily gave him part of a haircut last night - she has promised pictures later).

The swelling has actually gotten a lot worse today than the past few. The inside of my mouth is so swollen, my inside cheeks push against my rubber bands in my mouth. So I only have a tiny compartment to squeeze in my "food". I also am always wearing my ice pack around my head to help reduce the swelling. And it's hand b/c I can put a tissue under my big lip so it catches my constant drooling.

4 comments:

Emily Locke said...

I hate to say this but you gave me and Matt the biggest laugh of the day.

Sarah said...

I have to second Emily's comment!

Sarah said...

And what is the white knob hanging off of the right side of your neck?

Sarah said...

Ah, the "white knob" is really your steri strips coming loose. Thank goodness for photos that enlarge when you click on them.