Thursday, June 5, 2008

The rubber bands are off (well, mostly).

My surgon, Dr. Lee, just stopped by to see how I was doing. I still have a ton of swelling, which is why it actually feels like I have an underbite for the first time in my life. But once the swelling goes away, and she does some tricks with the rubber bands, my lower jaw will be pulled back again.

Dr. Lee just took off most of my really tight rubber bands, and just put two on real loosly. I can actually move my jaw up and down a little bit now.

I am waiting for my Mom to pick me up. She should be here around 9:30AM, and then I think we can take off and go home! I need to stop by Haru's and pick up some Battlestar Galactica DVD's from her roomy.

Speical props for Sarah and Katie coming by to visit me last night. They stayed for a few hours, and talked about school to Obama to shared surgery experiences. It was very nice of them to take time out of their day and stop by and cheer me up!

4 comments:

Jeanne said...

In fact, Sarah and Katie are two very special young women!!!

molly said...

Poor Neil! Glad it's over with and hope you're feeling better. :)

Emily Locke said...

Sounds like you're better. What could be better than hours of Nintendo DS and Battle Star Gilactica? (Too many things to name)

Sarah said...

We're glad you enjoyed our visit! We had a good time too. Plus, we remember sitting in the hospital room in Wisconsin, and that our favorite moments were when other people came by to hang out.

Let us know if/when you want us to come by and visit you at your mom and dads (for fun games of pinochle and exciting conversation)! Katie will have to take it easy on us, seeing as you're still in pain and all...